Vegan recipes are making waves online as more and more people choose a vegan/vegetarian diet. A lot of vegans require protein, since it isn’t found predominantly in vegetables – so that’s where this vegan India chickpea curry recipe comes into play. It’s packed with greens and chickpeas to load your body up with protein. With this yummy recipe, you won’t have to worry about eating meat, because this dish is equally as good!
- chickpeas (not canned)
- handful of spinach
- sliced ginger
- diced garlic
- sliced white onions
- garam masala
- bay leaf
- coriander powder
- garlic powder
- coconut oil
- vegetable broth
For grains, you can opt for white quinoa or rice.
- Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- The next day, boil the chickpeas for 2-3 hours.
- Strain the chickpeas and wash them, removing the chickpea water residue.
- In a separate wok, add a spoon of coconut oil, then add the sliced white onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Then include all the spices and salt and add a little bit of water mixed with veggie broth.
- Cook until golden brown
- Then, add the chickpeas and fry for a few minutes.
- Add in one cup of coconut milk and 3 bay leaves and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add spinach at the end and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Cook some grains on the side (like rice or quinoa) to put your chickpea curry on!
Enjoy your delicious and savory Indian meal! 🙂